Keeping up with your vape seems a little complicated at first, and we understand that. When anyone first starts using a vaporizer, it’s quite easy to be a little bit intimidated by all the things that must be done to keep it running perfectly, such as cleaning, charging, and refilling the unit.
However, once you get the hang of it, it’s much simpler than it may seem! So, grab your favorite vape unit, grab a snack, and let’s dive into the step-by-step guide on the best way to fill your vape.
What to Consider
First of all, there are many different types of vapes in the world today, and not all of them work the same way, which means that there could be many different variables affecting the quality of your vapor. Some are pre-filled cartridge vapes, which only require you to take out the used cartridge, and pop in a new one — that simple.
There are other types of vapes, such as a refillable vape that you can refill with your own oils or e-liquid. When using a vape like the Shatterizer, for example, you can fill it and then leave the e-liquid in it until it’s almost all used up, and then refill it then.
On the other hand, you have vaporizers which you only need to fill each time you want to vape from them, and the rest of the time you can leave them empty without any problems.
So as you can see, the way you refill your vape all depends on the type of vape you have. Therefore, it’s important to consider what type of filling you would like to deal with and choose a vape that accommodates that on top of all your other preferences.
What You’ll Need to Make Refilling your Vape Easier
If you have any previous experience with refilling a vape such as the Shatterizer or PAX 3, you’ll know that it can get a little messy at times (don’t worry, it happens to all of us!). So, in order to make refilling your vape easier, quicker, and mess-free, you should consider keeping these things on hand at all times:
- Paper towels or wet wipes
- A cloth to refill your vape over (especially if you’re in a car, on a nice sofa, or are wearing clothes you’d rather not stain/get e-liquid all over).
- Your vape liquid or concentrates
- Your vaporizer
- The vaporizer manual (if you’re using a vape for the first time or are using a new type of vape)
So, once you have all your things gathered, it’s all super easy from there. First, you should set up your refilling station, keeping the paper towels in close reach. Then, you will take off the top of your vape (or go through the opening steps for your specific vaporizer).
Then load your vaporizer up to the desired point by pouring or squirting the vape liquid directly into the tank. This can be different from vape to vape. For example, with an e-liquid vape, you will want to fill it almost to the top, but for a concentrates vaporizer you will just want to load a little bit of your product into the chamber (a.k.a. bowl).
Once you’ve filled the chamber or bowl, you can then close your vape. Now you can use one of your paper towels or wet wipes to clean off the vape, the vape liquid container, and your hand — since it’s not the best to have vape liquid on your skin for long periods of time.
What Not To Do
Now you know what to do, but it’s also important to know what to avoid doing in order to always have a proper working vape unit! With that said, here are a few things you should avoid doing when refilling your vapes:
- Avoid putting the vape liquid directly into the air chamber. This is important because getting e-liquid into where your coil is/where your vapor comes through will cause your vaporizer to ‘spit’, gargle, or even fling super hot oil into your mouth — not pleasant at all.
- Avoid putting e-liquid into a vaporizer with a dirty coil or tank. It’s super important to always make sure you vaporizer is clean, and that your coil is always working well. This will ensure good taste and no malfunctions!
- Don’t load concentrates like dabs, wax, or shatter into an already hot vape chamber. This will cause instant vaporization, or it will cause your product to melt, and it can simply lead to some not-so-pleasant experiences. Therefore, always let your unit cool down a bit before reloading it with your favorite concentrates.
Remember how intimidating refilling your vape seemed at the beginning of this blog? We hope it seems much easier and much more doable now! With patience and a little practice, you’ll get the hang of it in no time and you won’t have to dread it any longer!